North Carolina Scholars Strategy Network is holding six chapter meetings in the next six months. Their mission is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community of policy-engaged scholars to serve as a resource to policymakers, civic leaders, and journalists in North Carolina.
The dates and locations for events are:
- Wednesday, January 16 at 5:30 at Bottle Rev in Chapel Hill
- Monday, February 11 at 5:30 at West End Wine Bar in Durham
- Monday, March 4 at 5:30 at Liquid State in Raleigh
- Tuesday, April 16 at 5:30 at UNC-Chapel Hill School of Social Work – In addition to the happy hour, this meeting will feature a panel of PhDs working outside the academy. Confirmed panelists are Trenita Childers (American Institutes for Research), Ciara Zachary (NC Child), Renee Ryberg (Child Trends), AtLee Watson (NIH), Jessica Barron (Frontline Solutions), Curtis Bradley (NC Dept of Transportation) and science writer Rebecca Guenard.
- Wednesday, May 8 at 5:30 at Motorco in Durham
- Wednesday, June 5 at 5:30 in Raleigh (Location TBD)
For questions, call Natalie Hengstebeck at 919-907-0026.
Please bring cards and any information that you’d like to be showcased about your policy-engaged work (e.g., upcoming events, overview your center/institute) that may be useful for fellow scholars.